Wednesday, January 20, 2010

AMAZING HOW GOD WORKS EVEN FROM SOUTH AFRICA-

--

This is an amazing letter.  This brother read the blog material and , you read it yourself.  I shall answer him tomorrow.

Dad
Dr Roy & Ruthie Shelpman
Serving with Baptist Mid Missions
Grand Goave, Haiti


Subject: FROM SOUTH AFRICA: ABOUT HAITI

Dear Roy,

This may sound strange, but please accept this is as strange for me as it is for you.

I am pastor of a small congregation in Cape Town South Africa. I somehow found your story on the internet and I do believe that your name was given to me. It is a long story, but believe me when I say I am a reformed pastor busy with an MTh study. I only say this because I see myself as intellectual-orientated, but I had some strange experiences last Sunday and was led to commit myself and to commit our congregation (who are small, and poor) that we must give towards the Haiti disaster. We have a week of Outreach top our community next week.

I knew I was over the top when I realised that I have not the faintest idea who must receive this gift that we plan to give. Last night I was reading a document on my computer and one thing led to another and in a very strange way I got on the internet and to your blog written by, I belief your children. I tried to respond on the blog, but is was not possible, so I contact your congregation's pastor who send me your mail.

I read the devastating experiences that you and your wife experienced and I am praying for you.

Please respond to me before Sunday. I do believe the Lord has led me to you and that you are the person that must receive our gift. This is the only the second time in my life that I can remember now that I experience this. Please accept this as coming from our Lord. I cannot promise much, but help me by explaining your needs and the losses you have incurred. I also need the webadress where I will be able to go back to your blog or get more info about your ministry and experience during the disaster.

I know I must tell your story to the congregation this coming Sunday. I would love to have some pictures if possible.

I pray for you and your wife and are hope you are safely back in the USA. I also pray for the people in Haiti.

Kind Regards
Leon Venter

No comments:

Post a Comment